November 18, 2016 – Collinsville, Illinois – With 2017 right around the corner, the Collinsville Area Recreation District is in full swing with planning a very eventful year.
CARD is offering the following events and programs during the spring 2017:
- Daddy Daughter Date Night will be February 24 from 6PM-9PM at the Gateway Center in Collinsville. The theme for the annual Daddy Daughter Date Night is Beauty and the Beast. This special evening presents fathers with the perfect opportunity to add an extra twinkle to their daughter’s eye.
- Breakfast with the Bunny on April 1 from 9AM-10:30AM at Ravanelli’s in Collinsville. The annual Breakfast with the Bunny lets kids of all ages enjoy the hot breakfast and little ones get a picture with the bunny as well as a special gift. This event fills up quickly, so sign up now.
- Pleasant Ridge Park is home to the new six-lane archery range. The range is available to rent and rentals includes recurve bows and arrows as well as an instructor. Drop-in archery will be available on Saturdays starting on March 4 from 9AM-11AM and on Tuesdays starting on April 4 from 5:30PM-7:30PM.
- Brazilian Jiu Jitsu starts in January. Participants can enroll on a monthly basis for just $65. Classes are offered Mondays, Wednesdays and Saturdays and participants can attend unlimited classes each month. Those unsure about Jiu Jitsu can sign up for the Demo Day on December 17 and try it for free.
Collinsville Unit #10 is partnering with CARD to promote literacy in the community. Starting January 7, there will be three Little Free Libraries located throughout the park district. Children (K-6thgrade) are encouraged to take a book, read it and return it to the Little Free Library. The little libraries will be located at the CARD Activity Center, Willoughby Farm and Pleasant Ridge Park. To learn more about this program, please visit littlefreelibrary.org.
For those planning gatherings, CARD offers a variety of options. The Activity Center at 10 Gateway Drive has rooms available to rent that are ideal for smaller parties as well as classes and business meetings. For those preferring the fresh air, pavilions are available for rent starting January 3. Pleasant Ridge is now offering after hour rentals. For those planning a larger gathering or festival, Woodland Park is available for full park rentals. Facilities are also available for rent at Willoughby Farm, Arlington Greens Golf Course and Splash City Waterpark.
Willoughby Farm is offering the following programs during the spring of 2017. All classes are free, but registration is required. Classes open to all ages.
- Making Maple Syrup will be held on January 7 at 1PM with a rainout date of January 14.
- Getting Started with Honey Bees will be held on February 4 at 1PM.
- Beginning Vegetable Gardening will be held on March 3 at 1PM
The Farm would not be what it is today without the volunteers. Those interested in becoming a volunteer can come to The Farm on Wednesdays from 9AM-3PM. All ages are welcome. For those not interested in getting their hands dirty, sponsoring a farm animal is the best option. Visit The Farm to see how to help and meet some of the farm animals.
The 2017 season at Arlington Greens Golf Course is getting filled with tournaments, clinics and leagues. Mark Marcuzzo, the Golf Course Manager and PGA Pro, has been busy organizing more than 30 tournaments and other events. From six weeks of V.A. clinics to 40 weeks of V.A. golf leagues, Arlington is making a positive impression in the community. Cuzzo’s Annual 2 Person Scramble is scheduled for March 18 and the Annual Boots on the Green is scheduled for May 5. For those interested in clinics or leagues, call the course at 618-931-5232, visit them online at ArlingtonGreens.com or stop by the course at 200 Arlington Drive, Granite City, Illinois.
CARD is constantly adding new opportunities for the community to get involved and stay active. To learn more about any of CARD’s facilities, please visit CollinsvilleRec.com, call 618-346-7529 or stop by the CARD office at 10 Gateway Drive, Collinsville, Illinois.